Please join ECOS’ Climate Change Committee on Thursday, Feb. 10, 6 PM!
Clint Holtzen, SACOG Planning Manager, will inform us of plans for the 2024 Blueprint (MTP/SCS or Metropolitan Transportation Plan/Sustainable Communities Strategy).
Background: On Thursday, Feb. 3, SACOG’s Transportation Committee adopted the Policy Framework for the 2024 Blueprint. The growth projections go out to 2050. See SACOG’s website for a process overview and background on the Blueprint: https://www.sacog.org/2024-blueprint-mtpscs.
We will also discuss:
- Sacramento County’s latest Climate Action Plan draft (expected release Feb. 8-9) and workshop expected March 8 (We’ll have 30 days to comment on the new CAP!)
- Sacramento County’s plans for a Climate Emergency Declaration’s Task Force; presentation Feb. 8:
- Sacramento City’s Transportation and Climate Workshop, and Update on Climate Implementation Work Plan, 5 PM, Feb. 8:
Call in to urge City Council to fund alternatives to cars: biking, walking, bus, rail, EVs …
- Air quality monitoring in environmental justice communities – current and future plans
- Sacramento Neighborhoods Activating on Air Quality (SNAAQ):
When we find out more about what we’re breathing, we may push for cleaner air!
We will also discuss tasks that you might want to volunteer for!
Link to join: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6656164155
To phone in: 669-900-6833, Meeting ID: 665 616 4155