Monday, November 29, 12:20 – 2 PM
Our late October rains have allowed the salmon to come back up the river!
California Fish & Wildlife’s Interpretive Services Supervisor will show us their new and improved fish ladder.
Now with 9 large viewing windows –
A great way to see the salmon swim and jump their way into the Nimbus Hatchery.
First come, first served – reserve now; due to covid, only ten visitors on this first CDFW tour.
Our tour will explore the following features:
• River discovery trail and observation deck with view of natural spawning processes
• Nimbus Basin, habitat restoration, and the ladder entrance
Logistics and Accessibility
• If driving, you can park free at 2001 Nimbus Rd. Our tour host will meet us where the parking lot meets the trail.
• No bathrooms available. Closest bathrooms at the nearby Tributary Point shopping center.
• The river discovery trail is about a quarter mile long and flat.
• Nimbus basin is best accessed by walking across the crosswalk at Hazel Ave: 5 min walk from the visitor center. Or for a shorter walk, park at the Sac State Aquatic Center (paid parking).
• It’s a semi-steep incline into the Basin and the restored habitat areas and ladder entrance.
• Maintain social distancing throughout the tour
• Masks outdoors are your preference
Image from Wikipedia Commons at https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Hatchery_guards.jpg