Join ECOS Now!!!
ECOS INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY MEMBERSHIPS
ECOS is the only local organization dedicated to environmental activism coordination. We combine the strength of our member organizations working together for positive change.
We have a 50-year track record in moving an environmental agenda, and are committed to making a difference. Help build our expertise coalition, community partnerships, and maintain our advocacy in the broad areas covered by our Climate, Habitat, and Water committees. Your mind and energy are needed.
ECOS also needs your financial support, and becoming a member is a good way to provide it. With your membership, you will receive the ECOS Newsletter, invitations to meetings and presentations, eligibility to serve on ECOS standing committees, to elect the at-large board members, and to vote on changes to the Bylaws.
Our events and spaces are accessible. We are a respectful group and will use the terms and language you have chosen for yourself. We are deeply committed to social, environmental and racial justice, and inclusivity.
ECOS ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
One of the reasons ECOS is so unique is our diverse array of organizational members. We seek reciprocal relationships with our members, so we are stronger together.
Membership dues are based on the annual budgets of organizations and are payable in January of each year.
Organizations interested becoming members should submit their qualifications to office[at]ecosacramento[dot]net and meet with ECOS directors.
Activist Organization (<$10,000)
Collaborator Organization ($10,000 – $249,999)
Influencer Organization ($250,000 – $999,000)
Leader Organization (>$1,000,000)
- Be a recognized entity in operation for at least 12 months;
- Have at least 50 members, or 50 individual donors;
- The ECOS Board of Directors must determine the entity has a substantial interest in the protection and enhancement of the environmental quality of Sacramento County and the greater Sacramento metropolitan area consistent with the stated purposes and objectives of ECOS.
- Receipt of our ECOS Newsletter;
- Voting representation on the ECOS Board of Directors;
- Partnership, support, and resources of the ECOS coalition and network;
- ECOS distribution of your announcements and alerts for increased community engagement;
- Recognition of your organization as a steward for the environment.
- Active participation in the work of at least one ECOS committee;
- Distribution of ECOS events and meetings in your newsletters;
- Attendance at ECOS MTG + Board in Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sept, and November.
H2020 ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
Habitat 2020 is ECOS’ Habitat and Conservation committee. It works to protect the lands, waters, wildlife and native plants in the Sacramento region. Any Sacramento environmental organization may join by agreeing to the Habitat 2020 charter, gaining the consent of all member organizations, and submitting the required information and dues. Habitat 2020 members receive the ECOS Newsletter. Dues are $600/year (Jan-Dec) to help to pay for staff.