Transportation, Air Quality & Climate Change (TAQCC) Committee
Social time at 5:45 p.m., meeting starts at 6:00 p.m.
Link to join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85805612058To phone in: 669 900 6833 Meeting ID: 858 0561 2058
Learn more about this committee here: https://www.ecosacramento.net/about-us/committees/transportation-air-quality-climate-change-committee-taqcc/
View the agendas and minutes here: https://www.ecosacramento.net/about-us/board-of-directors/board-of-directors-minutes-agendas/
The Transportation, Air Quality & Climate Change Committee supports policies and projects that:
- provide all residents of the Sacramento region with pedestrian, bicycle and transit access to jobs, schools, shopping, services and recreation
- provide adequate and efficient goods movement and support the provision of local goods and services over those requiring long distance transport
- protect and strengthen local communities, towns and urban centers from the corrosive effects of traffic while promoting equity and opportunity for all residents
- minimize impacts on and use of the land, air and water
- minimize the consumption of limited resources and reduce pollution and noise
- encourage land uses that minimize travel requirements
- eliminate transportation subsidies which handicap achievement of the above goals
- ensure vigorous and effective public participation in transportation planning
ECOS’ Transportation, Air Quality & Climate Change (TAQCC) Committee meets at 6:00 p.m. on on the first Thursday of each month.