Transportation, Air Quality & Climate Change (TAQCC) Committee
Social time at 5:45 p.m., meeting starts at 6:00 p.m.
Learn more about this committee here: https://www.ecosacramento.net/about-us/committees/transportation-air-quality-climate-change-committee-taqcc/
View the agendas and minutes here: https://www.ecosacramento.net/about-us/board-of-directors/board-of-directors-minutes-agendas/
Link to join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85805612058
Meeting ID: 858 0561 2058
To phone in: 669 900 6833
The meeting on March 4th will focus on organizational issues, specifically on providing opportunities for members to participate in its activities. The meeting will be divided into three parts (see attached agenda):
- Work Plan for 2021, including priority meeting topics
- Committee roles and responsibilities
- General discussion about how members can participate
Please join the meeting, and share your views on how to make TAQCC and ECOS more effective in advocating for a sustainable future.
The Transportation, Air Quality & Climate Change Committee supports policies and projects that:
– provide all residents of the Sacramento region with pedestrian, bicycle and transit access to jobs, schools, shopping, services and recreation
– provide adequate and efficient goods movement and support the provision of local goods and services over those requiring long distance transport
– protect and strengthen local communities, towns and urban centers from the corrosive effects of traffic while promoting equity and opportunity for all residents
– minimize impacts on and use of the land, air and water
– minimize the consumption of limited resources and reduce pollution and noise
– encourage land uses that minimize travel requirements
– eliminate transportation subsidies which handicap achievement of the above goals
– ensure vigorous and effective public participation in transportation planning
ECOS’ Transportation, Air Quality & Climate Change (TAQCC) Committee meets at 6:00 p.m. on on the first Thursday of each month.