Transportation, Air Quality & Climate Change (TAQCC) Committee
Social time at 5:45 p.m., meeting starts at 6:00 p.m.
Link to join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85805612058
To phone in: 669 900 6833, Meeting ID: 858 0561 2058
There will be two topics at the August 6th meeting:
Climate Justice: What it is and why environmentalist should care — Nailah Pope-Harden (Policy Advocate, ClimatePlan). Nailah will lead a conversation covering the definition of climate justice, why environmentalists should care, and how we can act locally to make it happen. Climate justice can be a confusing and convoluted term. It can be even harder to know how you can advocate for it. Nailah will describe her role at ClimatePlan, and her new campaign just unveiled to decolonize transportation funding.
- SABA’s BikeMatch Program — Deb Banks (Executive Director,Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates)
The Transportation, Air Quality & Climate Change Committee supports policies and projects that:
– provide all residents of the Sacramento region with pedestrian, bicycle and transit access to jobs, schools, shopping, services and recreation
– provide adequate and efficient goods movement and support the provision of local goods and services over those requiring long distance transport
– protect and strengthen local communities, towns and urban centers from the corrosive effects of traffic while promoting equity and opportunity for all residents
– minimize impacts on and use of the land, air and water
– minimize the consumption of limited resources and reduce pollution and noise
– encourage land uses that minimize travel requirements
– eliminate transportation subsidies which handicap achievement of the above goals
– ensure vigorous and effective public participation in transportation planning
ECOS’ Transportation, Air Quality & Climate Change (TAQCC) Committee meets at 6:00 p.m. on on the first Thursday of each month.