Add to Calendar
From Veritable Good Consulting:
- This is a listening session, 5:30pm – 8:00pm on July 17th at the Maple Neighborhood Center (shout out to La Familia) with food and beverages provided. There will be no presentations, no dot exercises, no surveys; just City staff listening to you:
- The City of Sacramento is currently updating its General Plan. Through this process, they are including an element to specifically address the needs of Sacramento’s underserved communities. You are invited to come thru and share your insights, thoughts, and ideas with the City about aspects of your neighborhood or community that need improvement or expansion, identify what’s missing, or what’s working/what’s not.
- The City understands that they are not equipped to adequately engage with Sacramento’s underserved communities. They know that a workshop is probably not going to capture the in-depth feedback they need to make the kind of impact the City is trying to embark on. But they do want to learn how to do better and they can’t do that without you. So, they have partnered with Veritable Good to provide a space that’s dedicated to the sole purpose of hearing from YOU.
- Change is hard. Big change is even harder. We want to connect the work that you’re doing, the experience that you’re living, or even just the changes that you want to see, with the folks that are responsible for planning our city’s future and developing our communities. It’s not going to be perfect. It’s only a start. But they can’t (and should not) do it without you.
- Please join us. We know it’s not your responsibility, but we have to do something different TOGETHER, UNIFIED, and IN COLLABORATION.
Please attend and/or share this info as you are able! Thank you!