Most of our work is done through our committees. If you want to volunteer with ECOS, attending our committee meetings is the best way to start! Anyone who is interested is welcome to attend; you do not have to be a member of ECOS. Please check with the ECOS office at office [at] ecosacramento [dot] net and/or the committee chairs ahead of time to confirm the details of a meeting.
Habitat 2020 Committee
Habitat 2020 is ECOS’ Habitat & Conservation committee and has its own a coalition that works to protect the lands, waters, wildlife and native plants in the Sacramento region. The great Central Valley of California has been identified by the World Wildlife Fund as one of North America’s most endangered eco-regions. Preserving its remaining open space and agricultural land is essential for sustaining native plants and wildlife, and ensuring a high quality of life for ourselves and future generations.
Habitat 2020 meets at 7:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday of every month, on Zoom until further notice.
Link to join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85686261642
To phone in: 1 669 900 6833 – Meeting ID: 856 8626 1642
Transportation, Air Quality & Climate Change (TAQCC) Committee
The Transportation, Air Quality & Climate Change Committee supports policies and projects that:
- provide all residents of the Sacramento region with pedestrian, bicycle and transit access to jobs, schools, shopping, services and recreation
- provide adequate and efficient goods movement and support the provision of local goods and services over those requiring long distance transport
- protect and strengthen local communities, towns and urban centers from the corrosive effects of traffic while promoting equity and opportunity for all residents
- minimize impacts on and use of the land, air and water
- minimize the consumption of limited resources and reduce pollution and noise
- encourage land uses that minimize travel requirements
- eliminate transportation subsidies which handicap achievement of the above goals
- ensure vigorous and effective public participation in transportation planning
ECOS’ Transportation, Air Quality & Climate Change (TAQCC) Committee meets at 6:00 p.m. on on the first Thursday of each month, on Zoom until further notice.
Link to join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85805612058
To phone in: 669 900 6833 – Meeting ID: 858 0561 2058
Land Use Committee
The ECOS Approach to Land Use Issues includes:
- Advocacy for regionally responsible planning that is cognizant of the need for sustainable development and the impacts of climate change.
- Oversight of proposed development projects of regional significance.
- Action to support sensible infill projects and oppose greenfield development.
ECOS’ Land Use committee meets at 6:00 p.m. on the second Monday of every month on Zoom until further notice.
Zoom info for August 2021 meeting (different than usual Zoom info)
Meeting ID: 867 2703 3398
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,86727033398# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,86727033398# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 867 2703 3398
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kpq0ZdfaM
Usual Zoom info
Link to join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/543524123
To phone in: 1 669 900 6833 – Meeting ID: 543 524 123
Organizational Development Committee
The ECOS Organizational Development Committee deals with organizational structure of the nonprofit, revenue plans, long term strategic plans, individual and organizational memberships as well as public relations and outreach.
View ECOS’ Long-Term Strategic Planning Document, updated in 2015, here.
The Organizational Development Committee meets every third Monday at 6pm, on Zoom until further notice.
Link to join meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81669092674
To phone in: 1 669 900 6833 – Meeting ID: 816 6909 2674
Please check with the committee’s chair(s) ahead of time to confirm that the meetings has not been rescheduled or cancelled. Her email address coyote1 [at] surewest [dot] net.
Event Planning Committee
The Event Planning Committee is responsible for hosting our biggest annual fundraisers, Sacramento Earth Day and the Environmentalist of the Year Awards. We welcome your assistance!
Click here to learn more about the Event Planning Committee.