- ECOS Letters re Sacramento County Climate Action PlanIn September of 2022, ECOS submitted two letters regarding the Sacramento County Climate Action Plan Final Draft. […]
- Climate Impacts of Measure AClimate Impacts of Measure A, the Nov 2022 ballot initiative. Remarks by Mike McKeever, former Executive Director of SACOG; others invited. Followed by ECOS Board Meeting focusing on the work of ECOS Committees. ECOS MTG/Board on Oct 5, 2022 at 6 pm. […]
- SacCounty CAP video, and a request that you write to the Supervisors before Sept 27Please take three minutes to watch this video about Sacramento County’s Climate Action Plan (CAP). It describes what is at stake. It would be good if you would write to the County Supervisors. […]
- ECOS joint comment letter on County Climate Action PlanThe Environmental Council of Sacramento, the Sacramento Valley Chapter of the California Native Plant Society, the Sacramento Audubon Society, the Sierra Club Sacramento Group, and the Xerces Society have submitted recommendations to strengthen the proposed Sacramento County Communitywide Climate Action Plan. […]
- Join us 9/25 at the Climate Justice Festival!Join with us to celebrate our community and restore our energy to keep up the struggle for social, environmental, economic and climate justice. Musical vibes by Mentes Diferentes, Poor Majesty, J Ross Parelli, and Emcee Radioactive. Kids area and educational booths, speakers and food at the […]
ECOS has been a powerful advocacy organization in the Sacramento region since 1970. Given the climate emergency and increasing income inequality, ECOS advocates for infill development along existing main streets and around transit stations, to provide affordable housing and a more equitable sharing of resources to people in the region.
ECOS works to preserve and protect agriculture, habitat, and ranch lands from sprawl development to constrain increases in vehicle miles traveled and GHG emissions.
JOIN US AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE.