Thursday, May 18 – 6:00 pm start
LINK to join: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6656164155 or call: 1 669 900 6833, Mtg ID: 665 616 4155
Agenda (revised May 15, 2023)
6:00 Welcome and Introductions
6:10 Sacramento City’s new Climate Action & Adaptation Plan
The City’s Climate & Sustainability team will share information on the release, timeline for review, and how to provide input on their new Climate Action & Adaptation Plan (CAAP), along with some key General Plan policies with strong CAAP relationship; and update us on their Existing Building Electrification Strategy.
On May 10, the City hosted an orienting webinar for their CAAP and their General Plan Update: https://www.cityofsacramento.org/Community-Development/Planning/Major-Projects/General-Plan).
The City’s General Plan team will begin presenting key policies in early June. Additional webinars are scheduled.
6:40 Discussion/Q&A (CAAP & GPU)
7:05 Updates and Announcements
- Sacramento County’s Climate Emergency Mobilization Task Force – status update
- Measure A redux – 2024 ballot measure to fund transit, etc.
- SACOG Blueprint
- I-80 lanes to be added between Davis and Sacramento – draft EIR expected soon
- Sacramento City’s proposed Community Benefits Ordinance
- SMUD/Calpine plans for carbon sequestration and storage (Board hearing May 17, 6 PM start)
This meeting is open to everyone interested in addressing some of our region’s most pressing challenges.