The City of Sacramento received funding through an SB1 competitive grant program, which will allow the City to rehabilitate the pavement, extend the protected bikeway network, and add circulation improvements to key corridors.
The project will convert 5th Street (X Street to H Street) from a one-way to a two-way street, and will add bike lanes in both directions.
The project will also extend the protected bikeway network, constructed in 2018, on:
- 9th Street (Q Street to L Street),
- 10th Street (Broadway to Q Street),
- 19th Street (H Street to Broadway),
- 21st Street (I Street to Broadway),
- P Street (15th Street to 21st Street), and
- Q Street (14th Street to 21st Street).
There will be a community meeting to update the community about the project on November 10th from 5:00-6:00pm at the Capitol Events Center on 1021 11th Street.