Join us for the first meeting of ECOS’ new Climate Change Committee!
Thursday, January 13, 2022, 6:00pm, Link to join: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6656164155, To phone in: 669-900-6833, Meeting ID: 665 616 4155
ECOS has re-organized, and our new Climate Change Committee will have broad responsibilities including those of the old TAQCC and Land Use Committees. It will be divided into four teams, with these designated team chairs:
– Transportation, John Deeter
– Land Use, Jon Ellison
– Green Buildings, Mai-Lin Chang
– Environmental Justice, TBD
This new structure is intended to facilitate coordination on issues of common interest to the individual teams, particularly those issues involving climate change. At our first meeting, we will begin to plan activities for the year, and establish the scope of the teams and how often they should meet. There are a large number of issues we expect to work on (see list below); most of which impact some aspect of climate change, and many involving more than one team.
Please come to the meeting on Thursday and help us plan our activities for 2022!
Ralph Propper, ECOS past-president; and chair, ECOS’ Climate Change Committee
Here are some issues that we hope to influence in the coming months; we hope you may comment on them, and add to them:
- Sacramento County Climate Action Plan, next final draft expected in February; followed by Board of Supervisors workshop and consideration of Climate Emergency Declaration Task Force nominees
- Sacramento City Climate Action and Adaptation Plan, draft expected in March with General Plan Update
- Sacramento City Transportation Priorities Plan workshop 2 PM, January 25
- Sacramento County sales tax, “Citizens Group” language expected for signature gathering soon, for November ballot (Measure A redux?) and SouthEast Connector
- Caltrans plans to widen I-80 causeway between Davis and West Sacramento; and CapCity (Business 80) Freeway between midtown and Arden Way
- Development plans in Sacramento County: Upper West Side, Grand Park, Jackson Township, Airport South, CNU Hospital in North Natomas, …
- Sacramento City’s building electrification ordinance, and retrofit work plan; urge adoption by County as an Early Action measure
- Sacramento Investment Without Displacement’s plans for a model Community Benefits Agreement ordinance, Enhanced Infrastructure Finance Plan for Stockton Blvd
- Air Monitoring in Disadvantaged Communities – status report and plans
- Other topics of interest to YOU!