At 5pm on Thursday, September 3, 2020, UC Davis is holding a Zoom public hearing on the Aggie Square Supplemental Environmental Impact Report. We need you to register online and briefly express your concern about community displacement and related issues as Aggie Square is built out.
If you can attend, please register now. You must register prior to the hearing.
Hearing is: Thursday, September 3, 2020 starting at 5:00 p.m. online via Zoom webinar.
For a link to Thursday’s public hearing and the full Supplemental EIR, please go to: https://environmentalplanning.ucdavis.edu/sacramento
We are also encouraging written comments be sent to UC Davis prior to its comment deadline on Sept 16.
Community Concerns that YOU can bring up on Thursday, Sep. 3rd:
- Displacement of families.
- A commitment from UC Davis to implement a Community Benefits Agreement (CBA).
- Access to affordable housing on & near Aggie Square
- Local hiring for community members living in zip codes 95817-24 and those displaced in last five years; job application support and streamlining; ‘ban the box’ for offenders.
- Local business protections and support, local business purchasing, and a focus on improving existing commercial corridors without neglecting neighborhood-serving commercial.
- Environmental protections and improvements, including policies to support clean air and safe and healthy lighting.
- Transit-oriented development serving those with highest likelihood of using public transit
- Support and programs to keep neighborhood youth in schools; high-school and community college student job opportunities with mentoring, school-to-job pipeline; safe homework space and assistance.
- Anti-demolition policies and procedures to protect homes in surrounding neighborhoods
- An increase in the number of MediCal recipients seen at UC Davis from surrounding neighborhood
Click here to learn more about Aggie Square and ECOS’s involvement: https://www.ecosacramento.net/aggie-square-ucd-med-center-in-sacramento/