On April 17, 2020, the Environmental Council of Sacramento (ECOS) and Habitat 2020 submitted our comments, under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), on the latest iteration of the Delta Conveyance Project.
Our concerns include the following:
- Project needs to be defined clearly
- Appropriate alternatives must be considered for the project as a whole
- Appropriate Alternatives must be considered for infrastructure components
- Impact of mechanically assisted flows in the tunnels need to be analyzed
- Analysis needs to assume that all Reusable Tunnel Material (RTM) will need to be disposed, rather than repurposed
- Accurate transportation impacts must be provided
- Impacts to Stone Lakes National Wildlife Refuge need to be avoided
- The full impacts of transmission lines need to be included
- Transmission line strikes need to be analyzed for foraging Sandhill Cranes
Click here to read our letter in full.
Photo above by Osha Meserve