Join the Environmental Council of Sacramento – ECOS for our first ECOS Board and General Meeting of the year! Help us plan for the new year, welcome our new board members and push forward for a more sustainable Sacramento region!
Everyone who is interested is welcome. Bring a friend! ECOS encourages participation from members of marginalized communities, including women, youth, people of color, those who identify as LGBTQIA, people have migrated from another country and people who live with disabilities.
Note: this meeting was moved from January 16th in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
Board Meeting of the Environmental Council of Sacramento (ECOS)
Reception 5:30 pm / Meeting 6:00 pm | Monday, January 23rd, 2017
SEIU Local 1000, 1325 S Street, Sacramento CA 95811 (Training Room)
5:30 – RECEPTION: Please come and meet and socialize with ECOS Board Members and guests. Light appetizers and refreshments served. Feel free to bring something to share.
6:00 – BOARD MEETING
1. Greetings & Introductions
2. Approval of November 2016 Minutes and approval of January 2017 Agenda (5 minutes)
3. Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream (20 minutes)
4. ECOS Officer Elections (5 minutes)
5. New member org: AARP (5 minutes)
6. Orientation/Refresher for Board Members (30 minutes)
a. Transportation, Air Quality and Climate Change (TAQCC) Committee
b. Land Use Committee
c. Habitat 2020 Committee
d. Organizational Development Committee
7. Treasurer’s Report (10 minutes)
Earl Withycombe, Treasurer
8. Adoption of 2017 Annual Budget (5 minutes)
CURRENT BUSINESS & REPORTS
9. President’s Report
Brandon Rose (5 minutes)
10. Issues of interest from Members and/or Member Organizations