SacTown VegFest Blasts Off!
The Sacramento Vegetarian Society (SVS), an ECOS member organization, is launching SacTown VegFest, Sacramento’s first 100% plant-based vegetarian festival.
SacTown VegFest will be held on Saturday, January 30, 2016, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Sacramento City Unified School District’s Serna Center, 5737 47th Ave. (one block west of Stockton Blvd.) in Sacramento.
This event is FREE and open to the public.
There will freshly prepared food and plant-based merchandise for sale as well as free samples. We will have information on the many benefits of plant-based eating—from delicious health-promoting recipes to how diet can reduce both water-usage and your carbon footprint.
SacTown VegFest is a family-friendly event, with fun activities for children.
There is a fine program of presenters:
· Keynote: Kristie Middleton, Food Policy Director, Humane Society of the U.S.
· Hope Bohanec, Author and Executive Director, Compassionate Living
· Timaree Hagenburger, “The Nutrition Professor,” Cosumnes River College
· Nora Kramer, Founder, Youth Empowered Action (YEA!) Camp
· Rajiv Misquitta, M.D., and Cathi Misquitta, Pharm.D., “Healthy Heart, Healthy Planet”
· Lani Muelrath, author, “The Plant Based Journey”
· Rosane Oliveira, PhD., UC Davis Integrative Medicine Program
Like SacTown VegFest on Facebook.
For more information, email: info[at]sactownvegfest[dot]org