- CANCELLED: ECOS Orientation Dec 1 at 6:00 pmCome learn what ECOS is all about! Join us Thursday, December 1st at 6pm via Zoom to get a broad overview of what ECOS does, why it matters and what you can do to help! If you are curious about what environmental issues in the Sacramento region look like in 2022, join us! […]
- ECOS 2022 End-of-Year Letter and ReportNovember 2022 At this time of thanksgiving, we will remember Mother Earth, and give thanks for her beauty and her bounty. We will reflect upon global and national efforts to fight climate change, and we will pledge to do more locally. Over this past year, partners and members of ECOS have worked […]
- ECOS MTG/Board – Nov. 29, 6-8 pmHeather Fargo, Natomas resident, ECOS Board member, and former City mayor, will facilitate a discussion about projects proposed in agriculturally-zoned areas of Natomas: Airport South Industrial, Upper Westside, and Grand Park. These are outside both the City of Sacramento and the County’s Urban Services Boundary. What is the approval process, and what approach will ECOS take to influence this? […]
- New Building Electrification Ordinance – City Council Meeting Nov 29, 2022ECOS supports the proposed New Building Electrification Ordinance and urges the Council to vote for it. We look forward to working with City staff on the development of a building electrification ordinance for existing buildings. […]
- Essay: Sacramento voters rejected Measure A’s giveaways and political patronage for a reasonECOS Board Member Brad Banan wrote the following article published in the Sacramento News and Review on November 18, 2022. By standard political measures, a proposed Sacramento County transportation tax should have won approval in this month’s election. Supporters had a truckload of campaign cash […]
Welcome to ECOS
With the climate crisis escalating, we need to be more effective in our advocacy. We need to persuade our local and regional leaders to take bold, difficult, and even unpopular steps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
JOIN US AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE.