- Environmentalist of the Year AwardsECOS has been hosting the Environmentalist of the Year (EOY) Awards since 1973. This year, we are hosting the 2022 EOY Awards as an in-person event. Please join us on Tuesday November 15, 2022 at Curtis Hall, Sierra 2 Center, Sacramento 95818. […]
- Tour of Water Forum Habitat Project at Lower Sailor BarPlease join us for a tour of the Water Forum’s 2022 Habitat Project at Lower Sailor Bar to learn about and see the work underway to enhance crucial habitat for native fall-run Chinook salmon and steelhead trout in the Lower American River. Project teams are currently working in the river, laying […]
- Installation of Irrigation on nine (9) Acres of land at Discovery ParkOn August 5, 2022, ECOS sent a letter to Sacramento County Supervisor Don Nottoli regarding the installation of irrigation on nine (9) acres of land at Discovery Park. Below is an excerpt of our letter. We are writing to suggest a different strategy than is currently being worked on by the County […]
- ECOS Climate Committee MeetingAugust 11, 2022, 6 PM - Jennifer Donlon Wyant, Transportation Planning Manager, City of Sacramento, will review TPP Phase 1 (which compiled a list of Transportation Values based on community input), and present Phase 2 -- which applied these values to over 700 city planned projects. The final prioritization will guide City investments in transportation. […]
- 8th Annual EJ & Enforcement Symposium – Lead Workshop8th Annual Environmental Justice 2022 Enforcement Symposium Workshops -- Increasing Protections in Environmental Justice Communities -- Aug 17, 2022 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM […]
ECOS has been a powerful advocacy organization in the Sacramento region since 1970. Given the climate emergency and increasing income inequality, ECOS advocates for infill development along existing main streets and around transit stations, to provide affordable housing and a more equitable sharing of resources to people in the region.
ECOS works to preserve and protect agriculture, habitat, and ranch lands from sprawl development to constrain increases in vehicle miles traveled and GHG emissions.
JOIN US AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE.