- Anticipating June 2022 draft SacCounty CAPStand by for next draft of the Sacramento County Climate Action Plan in June 2022 for a 30-day public comment period. […]
- CA Air Resources Board 2022 Scoping Plan UpdateThe 2022 Scoping Plan Update assesses progress toward the statutory 2030 target, while laying out a path to achieving carbon neutrality no later than 2045. The 2022 Scoping Plan Update focuses on outcomes needed to achieve carbon neutrality […]
- Community Bus Stop Improvement SurveyCivic Thread is partnering with Sacramento Regional Transit (SacRT) to develop a Bus Stop Improvement Plan, which will create a list of necessary and desired improvements to bus stops, amenities, and sidewalks in the SacRT system. We need your opinions and feedback to identify priority bus stop needs. […]
- Why We Should Save Farmland and Habitat in NatomasIt is not good that proposed large master plan projects are located outside of the County’s Urban Services Boundary. “The county zoned [this] area as agricultural and has numerous policies in place to protect agricultural land. These projects would eliminate the remaining farmland and habitat of the Natomas basin, in Sacramento County, and weaken the Natomas Basin Habitat Plan.” […]
- ECOS Climate Committee 5/12 Focus on TransportationECOS Climate Change Committee - Focus on Transportation, THURSDAY, MAY 12 6:00 pm. Sacramento Regional Transit (Sac RT) staff will discuss plans for the coming year. RT’s fiscal status has improved, as ridership is increasing again. Traci Canfield will provide high level overview of the SACOG-SACRT Transit-oriented Development Action Plan written in 2020. And more. […]
ECOS has been a powerful advocacy organization in the Sacramento region for 50 years, arguing for transit-oriented development and against greenfield sprawl, to protect our habitat and clean up our air. With the climate crisis growing, and affordable housing becoming a critical need, our advocacy efforts are needed even more.
JOIN US AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE.