ECOS’ Land Use committee meets at 6:00 p.m. on the second Monday of every month in the conference room at Mogavero Architects, 2012 K Street, Sacramento, CA 95811. Please check with co-chairs ahead of time to confirm meeting.
All who are interested are welcome to attend! Check for past and upcoming meeting topics in the Land Use Committee’s current agendas and minutes, by clicking here.
The ECOS Approach to Land Use Issues includes:
- Advocacy for regionally responsible planning that is cognizant of the need for sustainable development and the impacts of climate change.
- Oversight of proposed development projects of regional significance.
- Action to support sensible infill projects and oppose greenfield development.
ECOS supports Land Use policies and projects that:
- promote infill development and take advantage of existing community assets by accommodating additional growth in already developed areas
- foster walkable, close-knit neighborhoods through a system of fully connected streets, pedestrian paths and bicycle routes
- promote distinctive, attractive and safe communities with a strong sense of place
- discourage urban sprawl and the associated infrastructure costs, car dependence, environmental degradation, social isolation, and public transit inefficiency
Land Use Committee Chair:
Alex Kelter, M.D.
akmd [at] mac [dot] com